Continuing Dental Education Program conducted under the banner of
Jaipur Dental College, Jaipur
- MEDICO-LEGAL ASPECTS OF DENTISTRY held on October 3, 2007 at Jaipur Dental College Campus at Kukas, Jaipur-302015
- ORO-FACIAL PAIN RESEARCH Jaipur-2009 held on 14th March, 2009 at OTS, Jaipur
- “Endodontics In the New Millennium” held on 31st August, 2009 at Jaipur Dental College, Dhand, Jaipur
- “TWISTED FILES” held on 17th April, 2010 at Jaipur Dental College, Dhand, Jaipur
- “Stainless Steel Crown” 25th Oct, 2010 at Department of Pediatric Dentistry Jaipur Dental College, Jaipur
- METAL FREE CERAMICS conducted by Dentsply IN ASSOCIATION WITH Jaipur Dental College at Jaipur, on 12th October, 2010
- Dr. Sushant Umbre Lecture on “IAACD” (Indian Academy of Aesthetic and Cosmetic Dentistry) on 06/08/2011 at Jaipur Dental College, Jaipur.
- JAIPUR DENTAL COLLEGE (JDC) in Collaboration with University of British Colombia (UBC) at 18th, 19th, November, 2011, Jaipur
- Aesthetics & Function of Ceramic Restorations
- Improving your endodontic knowledge for better treatment decisions
- Chris Wyat, BSc, DMD, MSc, FRCD ©, Dip Pros.
- Jeffrey M.Coil, DMD., M.S.D., Ph.D., F.R.C.D. (C),F.A.D.I.
- Hotel Ramada, Govind Marg, Raja Park, Jaipur-302004, Ph.:+91-141-406666
CDE Program, Day Friday 18th November 2011
Aesthetics & Function of Ceramic Restorations
Patients are increasingly demanding “Perfect Smile” as a result of social pressures for aesthetically pleasing, beautifully formed, well-aligned white teeth. How do we as dentists providing restorations for individual teeth, replacement for mission teeth, and complete mouth rehabilitations satisfy these demands? The use of modern ceramics has opened the opportunity for dentists to design and deliver beautiful restorations, teeth, and enhanced smile. “Aesthetics & Function” is the key to the success of all dental work including ceramic veneers, crownsw, and bridges. This one day course will cover aesthetics concepts, ental materials, occlusion, and longevity of ceramic restorations and complete rehabilitations. An emphasis will be placed upon the clinical use of the new aesthetic restorative materials including zirconium dioxide and lithium disilicate glass ceramics.
Chris Wyat, BSc, DMD, MSc, FRCD ©, Dip Pros., is a certificate Specialist in Prosthodontics and an Associate Professor and Head of the Division of Prosthodontics and Dental Geriatrics at the University of British Columbia, Faculty of Dentistry. He has published numerous papers in the field of Prosthodontics.
Improving your endodontic Knowledge for better treatment decisions
Dr. Jeffrey M.Coil:
Jeffrey M.Coil, DMD., M.S.D., Ph.D., F.R.C.D. (C),F.A.D.I., received his undergraduate, dental and doctorate degrees for the University of British degrees from the University of British Columbia. He practiced general dentistry for 8 years and was a Clinical Instructor in Endodontics.
Proper Diagnosis and Treatment planning are essential before endodontic treatment is initiated. A variety of patients with varying degrees of risk will be presented to introduce the factors that contribute to case difficulty.
The management of difficult endodontic cases involves problem solving and usually multidisciplinary considerations. At times a number of non-routine treatment modalities may be employed. A step-by-step approach for the management of a number of challenging case and compromised teeth will be demonstrated.
The use of the Dental Operating Microscope (DOM) has dramatically changed the practice of Endodntics. From ergonomics to deep intra-canal visualization, the DOM is part of the everyday armamentarium. A number of endodontic cases treated using the DOM will be shown, and the benefit of light and magnification will be revealed.
Advances in cleaning and shaping of root systems will be discussed. Endodontic emergency treatment and restoration of compromised teeth will be addressed.
At the end of the presentation, participants should be able to:
- Identify the factors that make endodontic case difficult
- Describe the endodontic management for challenging cases.
- Recognize the new advances in endodontics, emerging treands, aramamentarium.
- Materials and techniques for routine endodontics treatment.
- Describe the benefits of magnification and illumination during endodontic treatment.
- Essay Competition on International Day against Drug Abuse & illicit Trafficking (IDDAIT) on 26th June, 2012 at Jaipur Dental College there were total number of 27 participants & certificates were given on 15th August, 2012
- Laser seminar on the topic of Soft tissue diode lasers-“Technology is the key”. This seminar is conducted by Unicorn Denmart, New Delhi. The Speakers are Mr. Mark Chapman from Germany & Dr. Smriti Bhargava, New Delhi followed by hands on patients was done in the department of Periodontics. The number of participants were 80 & certificates were given.
- Scientific Symposium on “Oral Systemic Health” by Colgate on 18th July, 2012 in Jaipur Dental College by Dr. Praveen Kudva.
- CDE-JDC Orthodontics, Faces-Par Excellence, Jaipur-2012 “Live Surgical Workshop on 22nd September and 23rd September, 2012 in Jaipur Dental College by Dr. Shoaib R. Tippu, Organising Chairman, Professor & Head, Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Jaipur Dental College and Dr. Ashok Dabri, Consultant Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon, Max Hospital, Mumbai.
- CDE Programme on “Myofunctional Appliances & Other Contemporary Modalities of Treatment” on 04th & 05th April, 2013. The Guest Speaker was Dr. Mina Narula, Professor, Loma Linda University, California, U.S.A.
- Programme on “Patient Education Boards in Departments & Conduct ‘Pledge Day’ activity in Dental School Premises on 26th August, 2013 by Dr. Mukund Kamat, Colgate, Mumbai.
- National Seminar on Research Methodology in Nursing on 2nd February 2013.
- Seminar on Implantology to Enhance Clinical Practice on November, 2013 by Dr. Girish Rao & Dr. Anand Krishna.
- Pre-conference course 35th ISPPD National Conference Pedo scope 25th September 2013 by Dr. Nandlal- Principal, JSS Dental College Mysore Topic-Post/core in Pediatric Dentistry, Dr. Naveen Reddy, Professor Modern Dental College, Indore Topic- Clinical Photography, Dr. Sharad Ashokan, Professor, Rajas Dental College, Chennai Topic-Research Methodology and Dr. Vivek Hegde, Vice-Principal, Rangunwala Dental College, Puna Topic- Rotary Endodontics along with hands on.
- Self Adjusting Files (SAF System) on 28th March 2014, by Dr. Upendra Hoshing, Professor & Head, Vasant Dada Dental College.
- MBT Treatment Mechanics along with hands on course on 2nd to 4th April by Dr. K Sadashiva Shetty.
- Implant Foundation course on 5th & 6th July 2014 by Dr. Girish Rao & Dr. Anand Krishna.